When it comes to providing a comfortable interior temperature, it doesn’t matter what type of HVAC system you have if you don’t also have superior ductwork on your property. As one of today’s leading Vancouver duct cleaning services, the team from Mas Duct Cleaning Services has helped many increases the efficiency of their ductwork and HVAC system.
Here we wanted to go over some of the materials, shapes, and other attributes that make for an efficient, effective air duct system.
Air Duct Materials
Most often, air ducts are made out of sheet metal. However, this isn’t always the case. Depending on your needs, some of the other materials out there include:
- Aluminum: Often used for special exhaust systems and cleanroom facilities, aluminum is one of the most popular air duct materials alongside sheet metal.
- Galvanized Steel: When it comes to fabrication, galvanized steel is extremely popular because of its ability to expand and contract as it gets hotter or colder.
- Carbon Steel: This type of material is reserved for ductwork that also involves chimneys and flue pipes.
- Stainless Steel: Last, but certainly not least, stainless steel air duct material is favored in applications that use kitchen and fume exhaust equipment.
- Non-Metallic Ducts: In addition to the materials mentioned above, non-metallic ductwork is also a popular alternative and can be fashioned out of fiberglass-reinforced plastic or even fabric.
Air Duct Shapes
When it comes to air ducts, there are three common shapes that buildings use nowadays, including round ducts, which are the most common shape because they also transport air the most efficiently. Square or rectangular ductwork is also popular and can be easier to install; however, they require more metal for construction than round ductwork. Oval ducts are another popular air duct style and they’re often flat and have smaller height requirements than the alternatives. When under pressure, oval ducts tend to become rounder.
Contact us today for duct cleaning in Vancouver! If you’re in need of air duct cleaning services in Vancouver, Mas Duct Cleaning Services can help. We also specialize in dryer vent cleaning and restaurant kitchen hood cleaning as well, so contact online today or call (604) 589-2553.