Is your home furnace and ductwork ready for the new winter season?
MAS duct is a safety first company and recommends a furnace tune up after a long shutdown period.
This is typically a fairly inexpensive service that is completed by a certified and licensed gas fitter.
Here at MAS duct we work hand in hand with many reputable, licensed gas fitters and will be more than happy to provide any homeowner (with or without duct cleaning) a contact to have this service done. Its important to have parts like the burners, heat exchanger, fan belt, and bearings inspected as well as a test for carbon monoxide. ** Only a licensed gas fitter can “Tune Up” your furnace.**
One of the most difficult times for a home’s air ducts is when the furnace is fired up for the first time in winter. This is particularly true after a mild summer\fall, when the system may not have been used much in several months. This lack of use makes it easy for a wide variety of problems to occur in the ducts, which are made worse by the sudden introduction to hot air.
Before starting up your furnace, it’s a good idea to get professional home air duct cleaning in Vancouver. A professional once-over can go a long way to ensuring your home will stay warm, safe, and hygienic throughout the winter.
Problems Avoided with Proper Air Duct Cleaning in Vancouver
Professional duct cleaners can quickly assess and fix a wide variety of problems in the ductwork, including:
- Dirt and dust build-up, which would otherwise blow straight into the house and create a mess on exposed surfaces.
- Full or partial clogs which would inhibit airflow, or (in extreme cases) potentially even damage the heating system by creating too much internal pressure.
- Mold, mildew, fungus, and other allergens, can easily build up within unclean ducts, ultimately spreading throughout the house and affecting a family’s health. These tend to grow faster with additional heat.
- Vermin, such as rats or roaches, often create homes in unclean ductwork, causing numerous additional problems throughout a house.
Additionally, there are a few other benefits that come with having professionally-cleaned ducts, beyond the immediate threats:
- Lower energy bills: A clean duct system is an efficient duct system. Clogs or partial clogs will cause the system to work harder, using more energy both in heating and powering the fan.
- Cleaner healthier air to breathe.
- No bad scents: Ever wonder why there are often foul odors coming from a heating system, particularly after it’s first turned on? That’s usually due to contaminants in the system heating up or burning off.
Get Air Duct Cleaning in Vancouver From Top Professionals
Mas Duct Cleaning Services have been in business for nearly two decades, providing services not just to individual homeowners but also to businesses and large buildings such as condominiums. This gives us the equipment and experience edge in the work we do – we always have the equipment and the training to do a duct cleaning job right.